Monday, January 28, 2008

T minus 5 days

We can't believe it. Alex is moving on.
She is leaving our dog-farty, baby whining, silly song singing,
guitar hero playing house for beautiful San Diego.
Hmmm...that doesn't make it sound like much of a decision....
Anyways, we're really gonna miss her. And by miss her, I mean that every time I hear her packing, I get sad. I try to tell Miss M to soak up all the Alex she can, but it doesn't do any good. Really the only semi-ok thing is that Miss M will get to move into Alex's "big girl" room. We're hoping that if we move Miss M into Alex's room, maybe some Alex will rub off on her, and she'll turn out as well as Alex did.
This sunday, as a last harah, Alex arranged a great outing for the family. Handygram (Grandma Linda) and Randy came over.... just in time for the limo to pick us up and take us to the Ryde Hotel for brunch!





















Maryn
had a pretty good time. She didn't seem too into the super yummy roasted duck, but she had some bread.


Did I mention the duck was super good. As in wow.... I was almost too embarrassed to go back that last time... but then I saw that the servers changed and the new server hadn't seen me those other times... so I just walked up all "Oh! Duck! I totally haven't been over to this table ALL morning...may I please have my FIRST helping of duck?".
Ahem. Anyways.
Oh, and there has been some anti-San Diego sentiment on the black board lately.


And a few pro-San Diego threats.....
But in a couple more days, it will all be over.
All the Big Spoon runs and before those, the Sundaes on Sundays. The popcorn, trips to the market and all those times Miss M would only smile for Alex. Ah, thems were some good years!

No comments: