Friday, June 15, 2007

Woman Attends Graduation, Goes back to Work Next Day


















So last night was the commencement ceremony for graduate students. Dr. Meeshmellow, Dr. Carter and I sat though the 2.5 hour ceremony, shook hands with the Dean and then immediately headed to the bar.
Once again I am reminded about how abby-normal my adviser is. To outside people (civilians I call them) he is gregarious, friendly in a bit of a used car salesman way and generally nice. To Dr. Carter and I, he is awkward, rude, and overly critical. With some people you can say To Know Them is To Love Them. With him it is the opposite. The first tell tale sign that some one doesn't know him very well is that they like him.

But sitting with him for 2.5 hours wasn't that bad because there was a Dr. Carter buffer between us and I had candy. Candy always makes it better.

Michelle shaking her tassel at you.
Showing off our hoods!























So with all that over we headed (sans advisor) to the bar to meet friends. It was like old times, kind of. No one got drunk enough for it to be quite like old times. And almost everyone had significant others with them. Which is expressly not like old times. But it was fun none the less. Too bad all of us had to get up early the next day, so we only stayed a short while.

You can guess how excited I was to go back to work the next day. Yeah, I still have to finish things up 'till it's official. I'm excited about the party we'll get to have at the end of summer though.
Oh, and I would like mention that the parents were very generous to not only sit through the ceremony, but to bring me all kinds of goodies.
I'll wrap it up with a pic of the flowers my dad sent me.
Keep in mind that I had to stand 6 feet away just to get the whole thing in. Every time I look at it I am reminded that I need a vacation to a tropical island.


Statistics:
Family: Good.
Baby: Starting to eat. 6.5 Months, more lbs than last time.
Work: Getting the pieces together.
On the s#!t list: My adviser. What a shmuck.
Dogs: Loving Maddy
When I grow up I want to be
: Wish I knew
Secret Plan: Sorry it's secret.
Random Equation
: Laser=broken
Fixed laser = lots of money


No comments: