Saturday, June 30, 2007

Summer is now Here!

Some might say the long warm evenings tell them summer is here. Or the sunny mornings, or the lack of college kids, or summer concerts. Or, you know, the freaking 100o heat. What ever.
In this house there is one thing, and one thing only that says summer has started.You know, those tube like popsicles that your mom only let you eat one of, even though you wanted 3 or 4.
Well, in this house we don't live by such rules. If you only eat one at a time it's because:
a) you're a newbie and trying to be polite
b) you didn't think there were any left because you didn't look in the secret (behind the green beans) hiding space
c) there aren't any more of your favorite color.

Almost everyone around here knows that we'll offer you the first, but the rest you'll have to get yourself.

You can tell a lot about someone by the color they pick. Notice I said color, not flavor. I'm not so sure what exactly the flavors are supposed to be.
Mr. Zimny is a blue, purple, really anything put pink man. He says pink makes him cough. Really he just wants all of them, so he's not picky. I'm a pink, red, orange gal. Never blue.
I think Meeshmellow is an orange/red girl, she doesn't like either purple or blue...
Auntie A is a red fan.
Everyone has their Fla-vor-ice personality.
This year we've kick started with a few small packs of Fla-vor-ices.

You can only imagine the excitement when I saw they make tropical fla-vor-ices. Had to get me some a' those.



I am slightly embarrassed to actually show our freezer here. It's a little crazy, but you can see we have made a commitment to popsicle space.



On a side note, something that happened the car: "Shout" comes on the radio.
Mr. Zimny says "Who's this, INXS? Depeche Mode?"
"No" I say
"Yeah! Depeche Mode! Oh, Tears for Fears! That's right, same thing."
"What?!" I laugh, but he is already cutting me off
"Blah, blah, blah, they're all the same band. The Smiths too."
Uh-huh. Right.

Oh, and as a side-side note:
More jelly. "Hey!" You might say. "Didn't you already make like a butt load of apricot jelly?"
Well, I say. That was apricot-pineapple jelly. This is just apricot jelly. Notice the difference?
Yeah, me neither. What ever.




Statistics:
Family: Good.
Baby: Teething? Sick? Who knows, but feeling better finally.
Work: Rev-ing up.
On the s#!t list: ....no one yet... but just you wait!
Dogs: Willing to let baby touch nose, but still won't let me.
When I grow up I want to be
: Tanuki Tamer.
Secret Plan: To let Miss M get in the pool this week!
Random Equation
: To much jelly= wonderful or Obsession = Canning
Total Fla-vor-ices Consumed this summer: 5

2 comments:

Wet Shrub said...

Well, you did quote me correctly on the Shout song, however, it's not like they were in the middle of saying "Shout, shout, let it all out." It was the VERY beginning with the little cymbol riffs and I started "shouting" out guesses as to the artist. Gimme a break... I'm sick.

Also, my favorite color is Green Fla-Vor-Ice.

SisforScorpio said...

It's been noted!