Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Not sure what this means....

Today my students gave presentations on thier research projects. It is usually a good day in class because the projects are interesting and spark a lot of discussion. One of the projects was about the use of high fructose corn syrup. This picture was used in the presentation:
nataliedee.com
nataliedee.com
The picture was sited as coming from babble.com, but I instantly knew that was wrong. I knew that was wrong because I know it's a Natalie Dee cartoon. Of course I do. It's from 2006. I mean hellooooo... who wouldn't know that? Oh... right.. most.other.people.
So I'm not sure what this means.... but evidently I'm a better referece checker due to my religious daily viewing of online cartoons. Uh, go me?

2 comments:

michie said...

Did this person receive a B- for incorrectly citing a reference?

Because I knew it was a Natalie Dee as well.

Did you tell the student that they had it ALL WRONG?!?!?!

Spirit House Designs said...

This wouldn't have flown with either B or I. What is wrong with kids today?