Tuesday, October 23, 2007

First Plane Trip: A success.

This last weekend we traveled to meet family in San Diego. Alex was able to arrange a fancy limo to take us to the airport.
Here's a little piece of advice: If someone ever asks you "hey, would you like me to arrange for a limo to pick us up at the house and take us to the airport?", the answer is heck yeah.
But when you arrive and the chauffeur opens the door for you, it's hard to pull off the "look at me, I'm so cool arriving at the airport in a limo" deal when you have to go to the other side and unstrap the baby car seat. But still, limo ride to airport = cool. And by cool I mean toally sweet.

We arrived late on Friday night. Did you notice how I didn't mention the horrible first plane ride for Miss M? The one filled with crying in ear pain, fidgeting and crankiness? Yeah. That's because it didn't exist. Here is a two photo synopsis of the plane ride.

Stage 1:

Stage 2:
















On Saturday, we spent the day at the park with family and honoring Grandma Jan. The food and company were great and we wore funny hats while playing boccie ball. My kind of party!
Here's another little piece of advice: If you ever have to play boccie ball with the devil for your soul, pick me as a partner. Evidently I kinda kick butt. But only if I get to wear a funny hat**.


On Sunday Brian, Miss M and I went to the San Diego Zoo:





Ok, ok, that was a re-enactment. But the real thing was pretty fun too.
We were able to get there right as they were opening, which was super cool because the animals were pretty active. We got to see the gorilla kids playing and beating on the glass in front of us, the polar bears wrestling and the tiger roaring. There wasn't a big animal that we didn't get to see doing it's thing. Even the usually sluggish hippos were playing in the water.
M watched the monkeys and got to pet some animals at the petting zoo:


















All in all it was a great day followed up by a nice family dinner:
Maryn had another quiet trip on the plane, but we could tell she was happy to be home:

Home is where your crab is.







** Actually, kick buttness is not guaranteed. It was probably beginners luck.
.

2 comments:

michie said...

What happened to your baby? a
And how dare you replace her with this kid?!?

I am about to gouge my eyes out from the cuteness. I can not, I repeat CAN NOT wait to see her. And you too of course....

SisforScorpio said...

Right, whatever. I know the score.