Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Perfectly Drizzly

Well, the weather cooperated... as far as the temperature was concerned. Not so much with the rain though.....
I spent the morning  sleeping in... er, I mean sight seeing. Yes... it wasn't like I slept in while Dad padded around the block reading the paper and then brought me coffee in bed or anything. What is this, vacation?!
So... yeah. We started the day with a hard earned understanding of the subway system and made it down to the Empire State Building. The visibility was zero thanks to the drizzly weather, so we declined to go to the top.



We might try another day. Next stop was Rockefeller Plaza. It wasn't so much the Plaza, which was nice and all, but there was a raman house that I really wanted to try. A perfect meal for a wet day!

In the afternoon we went down to Times Square again (tickets in hand this time!) and saw A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder. A great show, very clever and fun. As an adult on vacation I must admit that I take (probably too much) pleasure in the fact that at the theater you can buy not only peanut M&Ms, but also alcohol. And the alcohol comes in adult sippy cups. It makes me smile to sit in the dark watching a play like a real grown up, but I'm actually drinking and eating candy.
My Adult Sippy Cup
We ate dinner at a french bistro, Pigalle, that was right around the corner. So good that I'm gonna have to walk more if I want to fit into any of the clothes that I brought. I thought it was the holiday food that was going to do me in, but no.. 3 days in New York is going to be the final nail!

Well, I'm off for now. I'm trouncing Dad in a game of Scrabble, and I'm gonna wring it for everything it's worth!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liar. I've played words with friends with you. You can't beat anyone at Scrabble.

-BZ