Sunday, January 9, 2011

It's a Jungle in Here!

I've made the most of the winter break by enlisting my craftastic mother to help finish a project I've been dreaming about for a long time now... a vine covered tent for M! Originally it was supposed to be a hanging tent with a pad as a base, but Grandma Nancy thought it would be great over her bed. Such a good idea!


We've had most of the materials, but just hadn't gotten the time or energy to actually complete it. It was a lot of fun and quite a challenge, but so worth it. It was great working with my mom and "winging it". I commented that it was more like sculpting than sewing! My mom said, "At least you come up with interesting projects..", like somehow that was better than wanting help with a project that has, you know, like patterns and stuff. 
Then we really had some fun by cutting out a bazillion leaves and making vines and some flowers









When we finally set it up, Miss M wanted to 
get in right away and close it up.

The view from the inside:
 Perfect for imagining you're camping in the jungle!

2 comments:

michie said...

The detail is amazing!!! Such a good job. :)

Lis said...

This is incredible! If only something like this would inspire my toddler to actually sleep in his own bed... :) xox